Easy WallMural Installation Guide
- Allow at least 30 days prior to installation for recently painted walls.
- Ensuring your wall surface is smooth and free of imperfections will make your mural look its best.
- Do not peel entire backing off at once.
- Apply the wall mural immediately after unrolling. If not, roll back until you are ready.
- Before installing your wall mural decide where are you installing. Does it cover your entire wall? If so, you want to start applying to the left corner of the wall. Some walls are not straight so make sure you start applying the wallpaper a little bit above the top of the wall so you have room to play with alignment. Not applying to the entire wall the wall and you want to center it? Make sure you use a level, measuring tape and a pencil to mark the wall and use it as guidance to apply the wall mural ensuring alignment.
Getting ready:Necessary materials: A sharp, blade or cutting blade (such as box cutter), extra blades, a squeegee, and both, a damp and dry cloth.
|Use a damp cloth to clean the surface. Dry moisture with a dry cloth. Allow time for drying and make sure it is 100% dry prior to starting the application. DO NOT USE any chemicals (alcohol) when cleaning the wall, just a damp warm rag, and dawn soap if needed.|
|Each panel comes numbered so you can easily identify the order you should apply each of the panels. Place the panels face-down on a flat surface. Pull the liner down about 6’’ and cut the liner. If the wall mural is the exact same size of the wall you start applying from the top corner of the wall. Remember to stick a little above the top of the wall. If not, and you want to apply in the center make sure you use a level, measuring tape and a pencil to mark the wall and use it as guidance to apply the wall mural ensuring alignment.|
|Use a squeegee to smooth out the paper as you go. Remember to smooth from the center outwards. If wrinkles or bubbles appear simply peel back and reapply that section.|
|Once you have applied the first 6’’ repeat the process until reaching the bottom of the wall. Please do not try to stretch the material as it may cause bubbles to appear. You can peel and stick as many times as you want, but do not pull the material.|
|Repeat steps 2 to 5 with the remaining panels. This time be sure to match the design. Make sure you are overlapping panels about ½ inch when matching the design, otherwise the print will not match.|
|ONLY after applying wallpaper to all of the walls, trim excess wallpaper on the top and bottom of each wall using a sharp blade.That way if you make a mistake you can still fix it before cutting it.|
Now sit back, relax and enjoy your piece of art! You did it!